Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Lineage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

In a recent interview with Comic Book Therapy, Kurtis let some detail drop on his next new title coming out later this year, The Lineage:

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/peter-panzerfaust-kurtis-j-wiebe-63925 (five answers down)

"I will have a new horror series coming out in August called The Lineage. It’s set during World War I and follows a man who’s sanity wanes the longer he fights and begins to see monsters inside of men. It’s a very Cronenberg meets Lynch style mini-series that fans of Green Wake (another Image series I wrote) will really love. It’s as emotionally messed up and visually terrifying as that series was, for sure."

Get your wallets ready, fellow Green Wake fans!!! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: The Lineage
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm 

Anything that appeals to the Green Wake fanbase is definitely a good bet. GW was one of the books that really helped pull me back into comics after a long moratorium .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Yeah, The Lineage seems to be the comic that I've really been waiting for. I hope Kurtis continues to create minis in a similar vein as Green Wake at least once a year.

I got to catch up on some Peter Panzerfaust though. From what I've glanced at, the reception for #9 is incredibly positive. Probably won't be able to crack open the cover until this weekend though :x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:28 pm 

Does anyone Know who the Artist will be on this book?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 pm 

I've unfortunately had to cancel this project to focus on Peter Panzerfaust this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:28 am 

kurtiswiebe wrote:
I've unfortunately had to cancel this project to focus on Peter Panzerfaust this year.

That's unfortunate, and good all at the same time. I was looking forward to more books from you Kurtis, but if Peter continues to be as good as it has been it's a plus for fans.

That probably doesn't convey the right meaning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 am 
One Man Wolfpac

I was excited for the Green Wake vibe that was intended for The Lineage, but really feel like Peter Panzerfaust has hit and stuck its stride so it's probably the book I look forward to most each month. Translation: I'll survive :mrgreen: Also, I'm stoked to see Kurtis' short in Riley's 2nd issue of Dia De Los Muertos.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 am 

The Euge wrote:
I was excited for the Green Wake vibe that was intended for The Lineage, but really feel like Peter Panzerfaust has hit and stuck its stride so it's probably the book I look forward to most each month. Translation: I'll survive :mrgreen: Also, I'm stoked to see Kurtis' short in Riley's 2nd issue of Dia De Los Muertos.

I'm actually not in the 2nd issue, my piece is in the final issue. There's been a lot of confusion about that. Ed Brisson is actually in #2.