Volume III has set many plot lines in motion...
1. Cassius remaining behind as the sole caretaker of the wounded and comatose Karic.
2. Ronan's bitter rivalry that might cost him his camp and his family.
3. Aquila's rebellious escape, leading her Maeven friends on a daring adventure.
4. Rat Captain Tarnak, and his Mortair mate Nara, seeking to restore lost honor.
5. The druids' struggle to maintain control over the growing rebellion building in the capital city of Dealrach Ard-Vale, while their own allies--the rat army and the weasel royal guard--escalate a bitter rivalry of their own.
6. The brutal rat captain Tosk called to the city to maintain order.
7. Royal Consort Lorelie search to discover the truth of Icarus's fate.
8. Karic's family--Mornae, Gabrielle & friend Elizabeth--hiding in the mysterious home of Naes'pal and E'Tan, under the mysterious protection of "royal privilege," while fellow dungeon escapee Keldra has joined the resistance.
9. "One-Arm" Leito, the treacherous Pilot the Tall, and blind Harad surviving the elements and each other.
10. Templar priest Seamus maintains a delicate balance between serving the corrupt religious order and his loyalty to his faith in Wotan, defrocked high priest Micah, and the growing legend of Karic.
Welcome to "A Midwinter Night's Dream."