Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:23 pm 

Not sure if everyone has been following the Marvel Studio news, but Guardians of the Galaxy will feature Ego the Living Planet. This is a creation that I never imagined would hit the big screen, but it's happening with Kurt Russell playing the part. I'm pretty excited about seeing this classic creation. Hope they are able to pull it off.

It gives me hope. If Ego can make it to the big screen, then maybe MODOK can as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:11 pm 

Shin Godzilla was excellent, and the best of the series in a long time.

They Got the Fin Wrong!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:16 pm 

Haven't posted in this topic in awhile, but just wanted to say Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was simply amazing. Didn't think they would be able to capture the magic of the fist one, but they did.

Also, loved Ego in the film. Marvel hits another home run.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 am 

I´ve seen Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2 yesterday and i dont think it was amazing.

My complaints:

too many jokes. I mean yeah, Gotg is about humor, but they overdid it. Every scene had to be a joke, and some repeated into running gags.

Ego...over the top. But i dont know if i liked it. Also too much for my taste.

Groot....sweet, but grown up Groot is way better than this. (i know the women will love it)

The first one had heart, this one tried too much and was style over substance.

The moviemakers always make the same mistakes with the second part. Trying to top the first one, making it longer, more explosions more action and they forget what made the first part so good. It happend for Transformers 2-4, Spider-man 3, Dark Knight rises, X-Men the last stand and so on...

But still...the movie is good enough to watch, its still the Guardians of the Galaxy and worth spending money on it.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:15 pm 

supersonic wrote:
I´ve seen Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2 yesterday and i dont think it was amazing.

My complaints:

too many jokes. I mean yeah, Gotg is about humor, but they overdid it. Every scene had to be a joke, and some repeated into running gags.

Ego...over the top. But i dont know if i liked it. Also too much for my taste.

Groot....sweet, but grown up Groot is way better than this. (i know the women will love it)

The first one had heart, this one tried too much and was style over substance.

The moviemakers always make the same mistakes with the second part. Trying to top the first one, making it longer, more explosions more action and they forget what made the first part so good. It happend for Transformers 2-4, Spider-man 3, Dark Knight rises, X-Men the last stand and so on...

But still...the movie is good enough to watch, its still the Guardians of the Galaxy and worth spending money on it.

Wow. I can normally find something to latch onto within a review, but I honestly disagree with you 100%. The humor was at about the same level as the first one, and I actually felt this one had more heart than the first film. I was pretty much in tears at the end of the film.

I also thought Ego was great, and have many more thoughts on the character, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

I pretty much can't decide if I like this one or the first one more, as both are great films. I would put this in my top five super hero films of all time without a doubt.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:04 am 

It was still better than some others, thats for sure. But about the rest i disagree with you. I had the feeling the humor was shoving in my mouth, if you know what i mean. It felt so forced. Not everytime, there were some pretty good gags in it. But the balancing was just wrong.

I asked all my friends, 50% felt the same with me, the other 50% felt it was great...

So Gotg 1 stays at the top for me. I would give the first part a 5/5 and vol. 2 a 4/5.

But i hope it will crack the 1 Billion dollar Box Office

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:25 am 

Its dead here, where are all the people?

Wonder Woman!

Great movie with some roll eyes moments, but the best DC movie since....öhhhh....Batman 1989? No, kidding...but it was good. Gal Gadots expressions made my day, she is phenomenal...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:33 pm 

Message boards seem to b dying... all the ones I go to have slowed down a ton over the last couple years.

I thought Wonder Woman and Spider-Man: Homecoming were incredible. Spider-Man was a breath of fresh air after the last two downer Spidey movies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:14 am 

So, any thoughts on the death of George A. Romero? I'm glad I got to meet at a convention a few years ago.

They Got the Fin Wrong!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:07 am 

John Pannozzi wrote:
So, any thoughts on the death of George A. Romero? I'm glad I got to meet at a convention a few years ago.

Sad, but he left a helluva legacy. Dawn of the Dead is what got me interested into the zombie genre.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next