Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 90  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "Ask Erik" Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:45 pm 

How would a comic artist go about getting your blessing on a dragon cameo? Small...1 page.. kinda like Battle Pope had.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:42 pm 

John Pannozzi wrote:
Remember back in 1998, in Sonic Super Special #7, there was a big crossover between Sonic the Hedgehog and several Image characters, namely Shadowhawk, Savage Dragon, Spawn, the Maxx, Velocity from Cyberforce, Union from the Wildstorm Universe and some characters from Ken Penders's The Lost Ones?

Would Archie Comics and Sega need to get permission from you, Jim Valentino, Todd McFarlane, Sam Kieth, Marc Silvesti, Jim Lee and Ken Penders to reprint this?

I'm not sure. Maybe.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 am 

Erik, regarding the Art Adams pin-up used in Dragon #75 or #100 -- how did that work out?

Did you hire him to do it or did he volunteer to do one? Who owns the original art?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 am 

Hanzo the Razor wrote:
Erik, regarding the Art Adams pin-up used in Dragon #75 or #100 -- how did that work out?

Did you hire him to do it or did he volunteer to do one? Who owns the original art?

I asked him to do it. And he gave me the art! What a guy!

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:34 am 

Holy cow, nice! You guys buddies or something? Or is he just a big sweetheart?

Also, I thought it was odd that Mr. "Monkeyman" himself didn't decide to do a pin-up with Brainiape!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 am 

Hanzo the Razor wrote:

Also, I thought it was odd that Mr. "Monkeyman" himself didn't decide to do a pin-up with Brainiape!

Arthur and I are friends. We don't hang out all the time or anything but we've hung out some and we always have a nice chat at shows. There are a group of us who are all roughly the same age and we get along pretty well. Mike Mignola and Bruce Timm are in the same boat. I do love these guys!

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:43 am 

Savage Raven wrote:
How would a comic artist go about getting your blessing on a dragon cameo? Small...1 page.. kinda like Battle Pope had.

That's more of a PM kind of thing--but usually people just ask and I'll give them some parameters.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:00 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
Hanzo the Razor wrote:

Arthur and I are friends. We don't hang out all the time or anything but we've hung out some and we always have a nice chat at shows. There are a group of us who are all roughly the same age and we get along pretty well. Mike Mignola and Bruce Timm are in the same boat. I do love these guys!

Pretty damn cool -- what a group of talent. You four are on my top ten list for sure.

BTW -- why didn't you ever have the Martian Enlarging Ray hit Brainiape? You could have had a pretty funny King Kong riff with that.

"Adolf Hitler's attacking the Empire State Building!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:30 pm 

1) Who designed the Image "I" logo, and the typeface/letter of "Image Comics"?

2) What part did Chris Claremont play in the founding of Image?

Wikipedia says "In response, eight creators[1] announced the founding of Image Comics: illustrators Todd McFarlane (known for his work on Spider-Man), Jim Lee (X-Men), Rob Liefeld (X-Force), Marc Silvestri (Wolverine), Erik Larsen (The Amazing Spider-Man), Jim Valentino (Guardians of the Galaxy), and Whilce Portacio (Uncanny X-Men); and long-time Uncanny X-Men writer Chris Claremont.[2] This development was nicknamed the "X-odus", because several of the creators involved (Claremont, Liefeld, Lee, Silvestri, and Portacio) were famous for their work on the X-Men franchise. Marvel's stock fell $3.25/share when the news became public.[1]"

And they cite this article from the TCJ:
"Bye Bye Marvel; Here Comes Image: Portacio, Claremont, Liefeld, Jim Lee Join McFarlane's New Imprint at Malibu," The Comics Journal #148 (February 1992), pp. 11-12.

3) I want to quote your explanation on how the Image "Universe"for my new wiki,A Roadmap to the Image Universe. How mcuh of it will/would you allow me to reproduce?

They Got the Fin Wrong!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 pm 

John Pannozzi wrote:
1) Who designed the Image "I" logo, and the typeface/letter of "Image Comics"?

2) What part did Chris Claremont play in the founding of Image?

Wikipedia says "In response, eight creators[1] announced the founding of Image Comics: illustrators Todd McFarlane (known for his work on Spider-Man), Jim Lee (X-Men), Rob Liefeld (X-Force), Marc Silvestri (Wolverine), Erik Larsen (The Amazing Spider-Man), Jim Valentino (Guardians of the Galaxy), and Whilce Portacio (Uncanny X-Men); and long-time Uncanny X-Men writer Chris Claremont.[2] This development was nicknamed the "X-odus", because several of the creators involved (Claremont, Liefeld, Lee, Silvestri, and Portacio) were famous for their work on the X-Men franchise. Marvel's stock fell $3.25/share when the news became public.[1]"

And they cite this article from the TCJ:
"Bye Bye Marvel; Here Comes Image: Portacio, Claremont, Liefeld, Jim Lee Join McFarlane's New Imprint at Malibu," The Comics Journal #148 (February 1992), pp. 11-12.

3) I want to quote your explanation on how the Image "Universe"for my new wiki,A Roadmap to the Image Universe. How mcuh of it will/would you allow me to reproduce?

1: Hank Kanalz. And the word Image is written in a standard typeface.

2: Absolutely none. He wasn't at any of the meetings. He was not part of the group. Jim Lee may have talked with him but there was no point when he was an active participant that I'm aware of.

3. Quote what you want to.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 90  Next